Sunday, December 09, 2007

Tagged, I'm It!


Mes Deux Cents has tagged me in this online blogger world version of tag, so here are the ground rules for it.

First I am to list 7 random and/or unusual facts about myself. Then I am to tag 7 other bloggers and let them know they have been tagged by telling them so in the comments of their blog.


Now for the first part of this mission.

7 Facts About Myself:

As a teenager, I once ice skated in front of 18,000 people as part of my dad's station's Ice Capades night.

I own 500 R&B and jazz CD's and 100 DVD movies and TV shows, either classic Black movies, movies wih predominately African-American casts in them, or Black TV shows.

At age 7 I did a promo commercial for my dad's radio show.

My time residing in Louisville is the first time in my life I have lived in a city that's NOT on I-10.

I have visited two presidential libraries (LBJ's in 1977, Clinton's in 2006).

My first job was working as an enumerator for the 1980 US Census.

I was a bridesmaid/DJ for a friend's wedding in 2004 and a groomsman for my uncle's 1989 wedding.

As far as the folks who are getting tagged...you'll find out soon enough ;)

2 comments:

Mes Deux Cents said...

Monica,

Wow I bet you have some great jazz. My jazz selection is really lacking. When I moved to the west coast I lost a bunch of jazz Cd's.

Do you have Julia on dvd? I've never seen that series but I want to buy it.

Thanks for playing!

Monica Roberts said...

Ms Deux,
I need to add to it. Most of it is my homeboy Kirk Whalum, a sista saxophonist out of LA named Pamela Williams, Kenny G, Stanley Clarke, Boney James, some Miles Davis, Jean-Luc Ponty, Al Jarreau, and my other Houston homies Joe Sample, Ronnie and Hubert Laws and the Crusaders.

I'm loking for Julia as well. I fell in love with Diahann Carroll then, and that only intensified afer she started playing Dominique Devereuax on Dynasty and Marion Gilbert on A Different World.

Julia was 'Must See TV' for me as a kid along with 'The Flip Wilson Show'.