Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kim Petras Update

Remember Kim Petras, the German teen who is believed to be the youngest person in the world to ever undergo GRS?

Boy, how time flies. Three years ago the controversy was raging all over the world whether Kim, much less any transkid was too young to transition at age 12. We had a rather spirited debate about it on TSTB, and it led me to compose a post about the issue of teen transition and my thoughts on it.

Just an FYI, I'm in favor of doing it in your teens.

Kim is now a stunning looking 16 year old. After enduring years of taunts from fellow classmates she shook it off and focused on her music, which became cult hits on MySpace and You Tube.

The cult hit status has paid dividends for Kim and led to her recently being signed by a German company to a recording contract. She's now focused on her budding music career and achieving pop star status, not her unique path to womanhood.



"My music is most important to me at the moment. It's the way I can best express myself."

"I know that because of my past people will always bring up the subject, I can't get away from it. But I hope that one day I might be better known for my music than for my past."



As Kim prepares to release her first CD, it's what her sisters and brothers all over the world wish for her as well.

15 comments:

Dale said...

Hurray for Kim! I'm glad she was given the chance to transition early - this gives her more time to live

Véro B said...

As always with things like this, and maybe even more so with this one, I am very happy for her and in great pain for myself. I can only imagine what my life would have been like if I'd done the same as she has. It's probably best not to think about it too much. (I do have many good things in my life I would not have had.)

Monica Roberts said...

Yeah, I've got mixed emotions myself.

But I'm happy in the knowledge that everything we've been fighting for is benefiting the kids behind us.

Véro B said...

Yes, it's great for the generation that's now young and for those who will come after. I wish Kim and others like her all the best!

I would never have been that beautiful anyway. :)

Bad hair days said...

She was not the youngest, only the one best known.

It was a hugh success for our community, when she appeared on the show "Stern TV" and I think she gave much hope for affected children. I tried to get medical help when I was 15, but back then there was no treatment before 18 :-(

Monica Roberts said...

I would never have been that beautiful anyway. :)

Did you stop to consider Veronique that it was possible you might have been? ;)

Véro B said...

"Did you stop to consider Veronique that it was possible you might have been? ;)"

Probably best not to think about that. :)

JIM said...

I got to say that she is pretty hot!

SoberHigh said...

She's still a kid!!!!! I tired of older guys being all like "i don't know if i wud bone her." She's still hella young. Leave her alone. Go after the freakin' Olsin twins, they're legal.

Ka2miQ said...

Hmmm.. Shes happy now but how will her body be affected when she hits puberty? Estrogen pills only do so much.

Barb said...

Kim is the legacy of all of us who have been before. There is no perfect time for each and every single transsexual. Some would do the transition at four because they know they didn't get the right body. Others don't figure it out until their forties or later.

Life is a whole lot easier when the mind and body match up but there are no guarantees. I wish her happiness most of all.

For Kim and all those like her, our struggles are paying dividends. I think it was worth it.

ME8911 said...

kim has an amazing voice. she is a great singer and is so pretty. and 4 all ya who r hatin on her 4 the trans sex thing, back off. she is a normal girl who was born in the wrong body. and i am sooooo happy that she changed her gender so she can focus on her awesome music not her gender. i luv u kim!!!!! :)

Tara Hewitt said...

Hi, Great to see someone succeeding after her journey. After getting help at 21 which is a young age in its self but great to see what people can achieve desopite the hardships life throws at them I wish her all the best of luck and success her music is great and ive started a face book group supporting her although cant find her cd anywhere yet have just been able to down load her single fade away. xx

Anonymous said...

i want to be like you, can you give me your e-mail address? If can, please sent it to bryan.low55@yahoo.com . I got so many quetion to ask you. Ya, my name is Bryan, live in Malaysia, Asia.I relly hope you can sent it to me. I saw you on the digg website, newspaper and google. You rock!

Anonymous said...

I want to be like you, can you give me your e-mail address? If can, please sent it to bryan.low55@yahoo.com . I got so many quetion to ask you. Ya, my name is Bryan, live in Malaysia, Asia.I relly hope you can sent it to me. I saw you on the digg website, newspaper and google. You rock!