Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love You Rachel Maddow

One of the joys I got out of the start up of Air America was discovering a then little known progressive talk show host named Rachel Maddow thanks to Polar.

She's smart, intelligent, with an easy going sometimes humorous style that got to the meat of political issues. I began to listen to her more than Randi Rhodes, and I was happy when MSNBC and Keith Olbermann started having her appear on his show as a frequent guest commentator.

Now she has parlayed those guest appearances into her own show, and I'm loving it.

It is so much fun watching these intellectually challenged conservatives walk onto her show, think they can get away with their usual spin and lies, and she subtly uses her PhD in political science to dismantle them.

It's also a breath of fresh air to see another political commentary show besides Countdown that is entertaining and informative.





It seems that a lot of Americans agree with me as well because not only has she quickly garnered a sizable viewing audience, she's getting national politicians on her show as well.



I can guarantee you that it's one show Sarah Louise Palin will not be appearing on between now and November 4, if ever.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Isn't she WONDERFULL! Yep, Dr. Maddow is a Rhodes Scholar and got her PHD at Oxford. I am very proud of this sister. Sarah P. wouldn't go near Rachel ever. She scared!

Monica Roberts said...

That she is. She probably also won't go near Roland Martin, Jacque Reid, Tom Joyner or Suzanne Malveaux either.

Go Go Jo Jo said...

I love Rachel Maddow. I am a big fan of Countdown mainly because Olbermann is often comically intense to me. BUT I think Maddow manages to be more calm but also more biting.

I partiularly love her debating Pat Buchanan. He never knows what to do with himself.