Saturday, October 04, 2008

October 2008 Villager's Black Blog Rankings

It's a new month and that means it's time to head over to Electronic Villager, sit under the virtual baobab tree and wait for the Villager's October BBR's to come out.

As you regular TransGriot readers are aware, I've set the goals of cracking 150 on my Technorati ranking and being a BBR Top 50 ranked blog by January 1 (the 3rd anniversary of the TransGriot blog).

Then it's on to my 2009 goal of cracking the BBR Top 25 Blogs.

Speaking of the Top 25, Congrats to Renee, one of my regular commenters here and her Womanist Musings blog. She's on the verge of cracking the BBR Top 25 with this month's BBR ranking of 26.

So how did I do this month?

At the time the September BBR's were compiled, TransGriot was at Number 67 with a 133 Technorati ranking.

This month, out of the 1440 blogs that were part of the October BBR rankings, as of October 1, 2008 when these rankings were compiled, TransGriot is at number 70 with a 136 Technorati ranking.

Pam's House Blend is still the number one ranked Black blog.

I knew it was a matter of time before my meteoric progress toward the BBR Top 50 would slow down. I lost three spots BBR ranking wise, but did gain 3 points on the Technorati rankings. Being without Internet access for a few days didn't help either.

So instead of interpreting this situation as a negative, I'm looking at this as a glass half full scenario.

I'm only 20 spots away from cracking the BBR Top 50 and 14 points from reaching my goal of a 150 Technorati ranking.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. I have a historic presidential race coming down to the wire to comment on. I'm going to be headed to Denver next month to be the keynote speaker at a gender conference on the CU campus in Boulder, and who knows what other exciting stuff is going to pop up in my life I can comment on.

And I still have twelve weeks to hit my goals.

5 comments:

Renee said...

Thanks for the shout out. I went into a state of shock when I checked my rank this morning. Womanist Musings has only been around for 6 months. Who would have guessed people would check into read my rantings which I politely renamed musings.
I am sure that you and I will be side by side soon because as you know I totally crush on your blog. Actually since the first day I discovered it through feministing I have been hooked with a capitol H. You keep doing what you do. I have learned so much from my visits here and I am always anxiously awaiting your updates.

Monica Roberts said...

Renee,
The feeling is mutual. Looking forward to having the pleasure of finally meeting you one day.

Your blog is fascinating to me as well and it's cool to know that you and my my womanist sisters are not only in our corner, but to learn exactly what a womanist believes and how it's different from feminism.

Dale said...

Monica and Renee, I think both of your blogs are awesome. They provide so much information, and food for thought.

Is there anything that us readers can do to assist you two?

Unknown said...

Monica, I didn't realize that you gave speeches and such. That is wonderful. I wish you well in your efforts in Denver next month.

I never know what will help. I had a great run-up a few weeks back ...hit my high-water mark on Technorati at 294. However, it's been a steady downward movement to 268 right now. I guess six months ago I must have hit some links that are dropping off now.

Anyhow, the only thing I try to do is continue to provide quality posts. However, it helps if we have unique posts that might be linked to by others...

Anyhow, congrats on your continued move up the rankings.

As an aside, Womanist Musings is now BBR #25!

peace, Villager

Monica Roberts said...

Yep Villager,
I not only do speeches, I teach Trans 101 seminars to a wide variety of groups.

Sometimes I even get paid for it ;)

I received an invitation from the wonderful folks at Trent University near Toronto to speak up there, but it happened to be the same weekend I was doing the CU event.