Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Sade!

I am a huge fan of her music, and today is the birthday of Helen Folasade Adu, who was born on this date in 1959 in Ibadan, Nigeria.

I love me some Sade, but wish she'd record and tour more often. I've had the pleasure of seeing her in concert, and even though that was back last century (1988) still haven't forgotten it.

A Sade CD release these days is an event almost as rare as sightings of Halley's Comet, but when she puts it out, you won't be disappointed.

I am definitely looking forward to the latest Sade CD when it gets released in April, and have been in love with its first single, Soldier of Love.



Happy Birthday Sade! May you have many more, and release a few more CD's this decade as well.

1 comment:

Pelicano said...

Monica-
She is damn stunning, isn't she? Love love love her.