Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moni's In The Middle Of The Texas Transgender Nondiscrimination Summit

At this moment I'm on Rice University's tree shaded campus sitting in the Kyle Morrow Room of the Fondren Library. This is one of the few times you're going to see me as a UH alum write something nice about Rice University.

Anyway, back to the post.

I'm here in learning and reporter mode for the second annual Texas Transgender Nondiscrimination Summit.

The event will focus on changing policies on college campuses to protect transgender faculty, staff, and students. We're listening to the opening speech now and the TTNS will be going on until 5 PM CDT.

There's a 6 PM CDT dinner at the Houston TG Center, but I won't be able to attend that event. I'm also interested to discover if anyone will show up for the TTNS from our local HBCU's Texas Southern and Prairie View A&M.

If you miss today's events, you'll still have tomorrow to check it out starting at 10 AM CDT.

No comments: