Sunday, October 23, 2011

TransGriot's NFL Picks-Week 7

We're getting closer to the midpoint of the 2011 NFL season and there have been some interesting twists and turns in this season as always.  One of the interesting twists this week is only the second NFL regular season game in the UK with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking on the Chicago Bears in historic Wembley Stadium.

If you think the NFL doesn't have a following in Europe, think again.  Wembley will be sold out for this game and here's the NFLUK website for you to peruse to make my point about the popularity of American football there
.   
I had an interesting Week 6  pundit wiseI thought Indy would finally break through and get a win but Andy Dalton and the Bengals had other ideas.  I went back and forth on the Bills-Giants and Vikings-Bears game and didn't expect the 49ers to beat the red hot Lions at home.  


And of course I'm not liking what I saw last Sunday  with my hometown NFL franchise in their loss to Baltimore.  I'm also not liking the fact the Texans been outscored 89-40 in the second half lately after dominating teams early.
.    
Week 6 is done.  So let's get busy with my TransGriot NFL picks for Week 7.  

Teams getting their byes this week are the Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and the San Francisco 49ers.    That means once again I'm only picking 13 games this week.   


As for the prognostication competition I'm having with Michael Watts, we had identical 8-5 records and I'm still trailing him by two games so let's see if I can make up some ground on him this week.   Mike's NFL picks are here.  Team I'm picking to win will be on the left with home team in bold print.

Week 6 record  8-5
TransGriot Season Record  56-34

Week 7
Sunday, October 23

Noon Games
Houston over Tennessee
Seattle over Cleveland
Detroit over Atlanta
Denver over Miami
San Diego over NY Jets
Tampa Bay over Chicago
Carolina over Washington

3 PM Games
Kansas City over Oakland
Pittsburgh over Arizona
Green Bay over Minnesota
Dallas over St. Louis

Sunday Night Game
New Orleans over Indianapolis

Monday, October 24
Baltimore over Jacksonville





No comments: