Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tona Brown To Sing In DC Area Opera Friday

Too bad I won't be able to be there to see it, but for those of you in the Washington DC metro area, you'll get an opportunity to enjoy hearing Tona Brown sing this Friday.

My mezzo-soprano singing sis, who has not only performed for audiences around the world and has the distinction of being the first trans person to perform for a sitting president, will be performing in the role of Principessa in the Puccini one act opera Suor Angelica being presented by the Singers' Theater of Washington. .

“I am honored to be part of this production,” says Brown, “I love doing opera, and working with such amazing people. - See more at: http://ikonsmagazine.com/2014/03/tona-brown-perform-dc-area-opera/#sthash.4CzNJE3X.dpuf
"I am honored to be part of this production", says Brown.  "I love doing opera and I love working with such amazing people."

You'll get the opportunity to see her on Friday and Saturday March 14 and 15 starting at 7:30 PM EDT at Convergence in Alexandria,VA.

The tickets are $20, and $15 for students and seniors.and can be purchased here if you're interested in attending and supporting our sis and checking her out..

No comments: