Thursday, October 16, 2014

OutSmart 2014 Gayest and Greatest Awards Party


You know for me to miss Scandal, this had to be pretty darned important.

mentioned in a previous post that I had been honored with two 2014 OutSmart Readers Choice Award wins for Favorite Blogger (Female) and Favorite  Tweeter (Female).  

I was also a finalist along with Kristen Capps for the Most Prominent LGBT Female Activist award that was won by Christina Gorczynski

Tonight at FBar was the event in which all the awards winners and finalists picked them up.  Since I was in need of a night considering the drama I've been through lately to put my nice clothes and other face on, I happily headed in that direction for the event that started at 7 PM .

OutSmart’s Gayest and Greatest Readers’ Choice Awards 2014Didn't take me long after arriving at the venue before I started running into my Houston activist community peeps congratulating me for the multiple wins. 

It was nice to have the acknowledgment was  of the community of the hard work I put into creating an informative blog and the activism I do to advance our human rights cause.

But for me, I'm motivated to do what I do for the next generation.   I want to make sure that the next generation of trans and SGL kids now growing up aren't having to fight tooth and nail just for basic human rights coverage.


It was also nice to see Mayor Annise Parker and First Lady Kathy Hubbard there along with Councilmember Robert Gallegos.

And it also great seeing Brandon Mack, Augie Augustine, Ashton Woods, Jacques Bourgeois, Brad Pritchett, Noel Freeman, Bryan Hlavinka, JD Doyle, and Kristen Capps.

It was also cool talking to many new peeps I met tonight about a wide variety of issues as the night wore on.

Once again, megathanks for all the OutSmart readers who voted for me in all three categories.  I'm honored and humbled by it.
 
Will be interesting to see how these Readers Choice awards shake out in 2015

No comments: