Saturday, March 14, 2015

Stay In Your Lane-Vol 1

TransGriot Note:  Guest Post by Ashton P. Woods.

One thing you will come to learn about me is that I am not new to activism and that affords me the ability and talent to know how to communicate in a clear and concise way. Since about August of 2014, a select few, certain people have tried to give me directive about MY message and what I SAY when I stand up for the communities that reflect my intersections. My favorite one is when I was told that I needed to "honey coat" or be less radical in my approach. REGARDLESS of what you may think about my approach, IT WORKS AND SOME OF YOU DON'T LIKE IT and I could give ZERO fucks about how you feel. 

The way you do things works for you and I RESPECT THAT, but be fully aware that you do NOT have the right to impose your respectability politics on me, this is NOT ABOUT YOU. Some of you REALLY need to put ego aside, and even realize that because some of you are in the ranks of predominantly White organizations and groups does NOT give you White privilege. YOU, my "friends" that have a problem with my unapologetic Blackness and my refusal to mold myself into someone that is palatable to White folks can kiss my ass and as a matter of fact you can go straight to your hell if that is what you believe in.


Many of you are confused or flustered that I have been able to reach people in places so fast...THERE IS NO NEED FOR CONFUSION! The very issue that some of you have with me, you know my "IN YOUR FACE" and "HONEST" approach without the sugarcoating is what people ACTUALLY like about me. i will not tell you how to run your show, so STAY IN YOUR LANE! Just so we are CLEAR, I didn't have to join some organization or some PAC to build what many of you hold so dear, political capital. I am not in it for the power like some of you, I just want to HELP PEOPLE and I don't need to join some organization that does not have my best (Black) interest at heart in order to get progress. 



STAY IN YOUR LANE -- XOXO

1 comment:

Jah said...

YES YES and YES