Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Air Marshal's Homeward Bound

Okay H-town, you're about to hear your fave words when it comes to one of my road trips:  Moni's headed back to Harris County.

At least until next month.

Image result for NBJC OUT on the HillThe sixth annual edition of OUT on the Hill is over and another chapter in the history books.   I had a wonderful time seeing everyone including my NBJC family and I am determined to not let three years pass before I attend another one.

‪#‎OOTH2015‬ was wonderful and a well timed booster shot to my soul. It is indescribable how important it is to have an LGBT leadership conference rooted in your culture, says emphatically to the world we're unapologetically Black, and that feels more like a family reunion than just an event to attend.
I get to head back home refreshed, renewed and more knowledgeable about the subjects we discussed during my time at OUT on the Hill while having a little fun doing so.

I hope that the people I encountered also gained a little more knowledge about their trans brothers and trans sisters

The time inside I-495 will serve me well for the upcoming HERO battle ahead.

If my flight left DCA on time, should be winging my way southwestward back to Houston and back at Hobby having my traditional post-flight meal demolishing some Pappa's BBQ

And hope the Texans are properly handling their NFL business in Charlotte.

See y`all next year, OUT on the Hill..


No comments: