Thursday, October 20, 2016

Yes, You Are A Masterpiece

"Tell all those who think that I'm a mistake, that I'm not a mistake. I'm a masterpiece."
-Trinity

My little sis nails it in this quote from her.   In its simplicity it's a quote that her trans elders also need to adopt and role model in their lives.

It's also apropos to discuss it on Spirit Day.

Yes trans people, you are as Trinity said a masterpiece.  We are part of the diverse mosaic of human life.  We have insights on life forged by us spending time on the opposite side of the gender continuum.   And despite all the opposition and irrational hatred being sent our way, we not only survive, but if given the opportunity, we rise about the challenges placed in our paths and thrive.

It's time to not only wtalk the exceptional talk, but walk the walk that comes with it.

So hold your heads up high, my trans siblings.   You are a masterpiece, and never let anyone tell you that you aren't.

No comments: