Saturday, October 28, 2017

Happy 14th Birthday, Trinity!

Today is the 14th birthday of one of our amazing trans kids and budding advocates in Trinity Neal.

I've had the pleasure of meeting and spending quality time with both Trini and her mom DeShanna, and Trini is one impressive young lady.   When I last saw her in Philly during a Trans United Fund event I was part of during Creating Change, she was playing with a game app on her phone that she'd designed and coded herself.

The other special thing about her birthday is that she has been her true self for a decade.

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and night
Too bad I couldn't be there in person for they party your mom is throwing that I'm sure is going to be one amazing event, but know I have much love and admiration for you.  .

If you're having a Sweet Sixteen party, maybe I'll be blessed to be in attendance for that one .

Also know Trini that anytime you need advice, to know your history or just vent, I'll drop whatever i'm doing to take that call. 

Happy birthday, Trini!   May you have and celebrate many more of them!

No comments: